**Please note gift card purchases are stil eligilbe for a one-time in-store 25% retail discount - offer will be applied to your on receipt of payment. Must be used within 30 days of gift card purchase.
We are excited to let you know that we are opening up a new flagship location on 11 Avenue. As a result, we are saying goodbye to our pop-up --that lived for four years-- in Last Best Brewing & Distilling.
Address: #101 709 11 Ave SW (The old Herringer Kiss Gallery Space, located beside Stuff 4 Him),
Team: All of our previous Last Best Barbers (Karlo, Mickey, Michael, and Alanna) will be joined by a few new faces that we cannot wait to introduce you to.
The space is being designed by the talented team at Fort Architecture, with inspiration being drawn from eclectic mid-century design.
We are also excited to have the space to offer a more robust retail selection ranging from your familiar grooming favourites like Bumble & bumble, Oribe, ADH, Shiner Gold, and Morris Motley, to a spread of new and continuously evolving lifestyle goods, books, and more!
If you have an existing appointment prior to April 30, it will remain as is at Johnny's Last Best location.
If you have an appointment booked on or after April 30, your appointment still stands - it will just be at our new location. Don't worry, we will be calling you to remind you of the change too!
If you are not currently booked, consider this a reminder and come visit us in our new space:
The above is the tagline for our newest product line, ADH Brand. Created by Andrew Does Hair, someone we look up to and regard as a true hair maverick. Johnny’s Barber + Shop is stoked to be the first shop in Calgary to carry this phenomenal line, and we know our guests are going to love it as much as we do.
So why the tag line? Because it’s true – the products you buy and use in your hair are only as good as the cut you have and the techniques you use to tame that mane. If you’ve been to the shop, you know we couldn’t agree more. Best of all, there’s no talk of “hair type.” It will work with whatever you’ve got, if you are willing to put in the effort and style it right. Talk to your barber for the best way to use it in your hair.
“Pre-styling is fundamental,” says Alanna, one of our barbers. “With only two products in the entire line, you know the emphasis is there. Use a comb and blow dryer to create the structure you want, and these products will give you the perfect finish.”
“I honestly believe it’s one of the best product lines on the market right now. Neither of the products have a super unnatural look to them—nothing that looks too product-y,” agrees Michael, another one of our barbers.
1) ADH Dry: More matte than a wax, but softer and more pliable than a clay. It adds texture and creates separation while removing the “poofiness” of blow-dried hair. If you put it in damp hair and let it air-dry it, expect a surfer’s texture. More details here.
2) ADH Wet: Water based and medium weight, ADH Wet provides the shine you want without looking greasy. Think of it as a less sticky pomade that will achieve more separation than glueing your hair together. It can be applied wet or damp, but is best blow dried in (see above!). More info here.
We (as barbers) have such a unique position in the community. We get to follow up with hundreds of our Johnny's family every month and are part of the conversations and happenings within our fine city. Here at the shop our craft provides us with tons of joy. Here are our top three favourite reasons to barber....
1. As a barber we get to work with so many different types of people. Each month hundreds of guys walk through our doors. In those moments we get to hear stories, discuss current events and “solve” world problems one cut at a time.
2. Each day we get to wake up and do what we love: cut some awesome hair! There is just something about a clean cut or shave walking out of our doors, that makes us proud to be barbers.
3. We are able to express ourselves. With so many people visiting us, we get to express our craft and art through our own creativity. It is important in life to be able to be yourself, luckily we have that every day in the shop!